Are you facing hair issues such as dullness, dryness, split ends, and dandruff? You are not alone, as about 50% of the population worldwide faces these issues. (1) However, you don’t have to be part of it.
You might be surprised to learn that grooming hair using a natural wood comb has excellent effects on scalp and hair health.
Neem wood comb is one such wonder for your hair. It not only detangles hair but also eliminates dandruff, keeps the scalp and hair fresh, provides nourishment, prevents hair graying, and massages the scalp.
Continue reading to learn more about the benefits of neem wood comb for hair.
What Is a Neem Wood Comb?
A neem wood comb is made from young neem wood. It is a hair accessory that delivers the benefits of the neem herb and wood.
Neem wood has antifungal, antiseptic, antibacterial, medicinal, and anti-inflammatory properties. (2)
Using a neem wood comb eliminates dandruff, prevents hair fall and itching, and encourages hair growth by increasing blood circulation.
Benefits of Neem Wood Comb for Hair
People have used neem wood comb for decades to achieve healthy and beautiful hair. Using it offers several perks to the hair.
1. Eliminates dandruff
Dandruff makes the scalp itchy without visible inflammation and makes the scalp skin flaky. Neems’ antimicrobial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties treat dandruff and related issues. (2)
Neem fights Candida and Malassezia (dandruff-causing fungi) and inhibits dandruff. It also combats yeast infections. (3)
Note: Around 50% of the global adult population experience dandruff. It usually starts at puberty, becomes severe at about 20 years of age, and becomes less prevalent over 50 years of age. (1)
2. Improves hair and scalp health
The antifungal properties of a neem wood comb fight Trichophyton and Microsporum (fungi) that affect hair health. (2)
A healthy scalp will lead to healthy hair. The tips of the wooden neem comb trigger the acupuncture points of the scalp that stimulate blood circulation, which can lead to healthy hair and scalp.
A gentle neem wood comb massage evenly distributes sebum (scalp’s natural oil) and nourishes the hair and scalp to keep it healthy.
3. Keeps static and flyways away
Static charge is the most common reason for hair loss. The hair has a positive charge, and plastic combs have a mild negative charge, making it a good conductor.
Thus, a static charge in the hair occurs due to plastic combs and brushes. It makes the hair frizzy and stiff.
Neem wood combs prevent static damage and flyways, as wood is a bad conductor with an almost neutral charge.
4. Massages the scalp and stimulates blood flow
A gentle scalp massage activates the hair follicles to develop more strands and make hair grow thick, bouncy, and shiny.
5. Detangles hair and prevents breakage
Neem wood combs are excellent at detangling hair and preventing breakage. They glide effortlessly through the hair and scalp, preventing split ends and breakage.
Whether your hair is long, medium, short, thick, thin, straight, or curly, a neem wood comb will protect your hair, coat the strands with natural oils, and make the hair flexible.
Moreover, a neem wood comb lowers friction and adds life to hair, thus reducing hair loss.
6. Prevents further hair graying
Combing your hair regularly with a neem wood comb enables healthy blood flow to the scalp, preventing the signs of premature hair graying and allowing new hair growth. (2)
7. Treats head lice
Neems’ antibacterial and insecticidal properties treat head lice. Neem oil has been used since time immemorial to kill head lice effectively.
How to Use a Neem Wood Comb?
Follow these tips when using a neem wood comb:
- Comb your hair starting from the roots and work down to the ends.
- Make sure the bristles of the neem wood comb touch your scalp.
- Comb twice deeply to receive all the goodness of the neem wood comb.
- Comb your hair before going to bed to improve hair quality and for additional benefits.
Additional Benefits of Using a Neem Wood Comb
- It keeps your hair fresh and nourished by evenly distributing the natural oils.
- It is a sustainable, recyclable, and eco-friendly solution for your scalp and hair issues and does not contribute to environmental pollution.
- It is an excellent investment as it is long lasting and durable.
- It suits all hair types (straight, curly, short, medium, or long).
Does a neem wood comb treat an irritated scalp?
Neem’s antiseptic, healing, and anti-inflammatory properties relieve an irritated scalp. It evenly spreads the scalp’s natural oil, prevents irritation and allergies, and nourishes the hair and scalp.
Can a need wood comb reduce split ends?
By evenly distributing the oil to the scalp and hair ends, the neem wood comb glides effortlessly through the hair, reducing friction and thus minimizing split ends.
Is it advisable to comb wet hair?
Combing hair with a wide-toothed neem wood comb is only advisable. However, avoid vigorous combing or styling your hair while wet, as it is more prone to breakage.
Embrace the therapeutic qualities of a neem wood comb by using it to care for your hair. It not only improves the appearance and health of your hair and scalp, but it also stimulates blood circulation, eliminates dandruff, and reduces hair loss.
So, prioritize the well-being of your hair and include a neem wood comb in your hair care regimen today!
- Borda LJ, Wikramanayake TC. Seborrheic dermatitis and Dandruff: A comprehensive review. Journal of clinical and investigative dermatology. December 2015. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4852869/.
- Kumar VS, Navaratnam V. Neem (azadirachta indica): Prehistory to contemporary medicinal uses to humankind. Asian Pacific journal of tropical biomedicine. July 2013. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3695574/.
- Negri M, Salci TP, Shinobu-Mesquita CS, Capoci IRG, Svidzinski TIE, Kioshima ES. Early State Research on antifungal natural products. Molecules (Basel, Switzerland). March 7, 2014. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6271505/.